Bing is a web search engine which is commonly known as MSN search. It had a variety of search services like web, videos, images, and map.
It was relaunched by former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer in May 2009. It is now the second in the list of search engines in countries like U.S.A and U.K.
Did you know how many names it changed before becoming Bing?? Bing has changed its name 3 times in a life span of 20 years. It was first known as MSN Search than it changed into Window Live Search at the beginning of 2006. After a year later, it is changed into Live Search. June 3, 2009, it was officially replaced by Bing.
List of 5 unique features Bing search engine offers:
- Bing offers direct integrations of scores and statistics of leagues, teams, and players on the main page.
- It also displays the stock chart, price, volume and p/e ratio with a company name or stock symbols, which is more convenient to investors.
- For Trigonometric functions and calculations, Bing will provide a direct calculation of expressions within its main page while searching. This feature excites you more if you are a student or parents like me.
- Bing’s collections/My saves feature is a time saver if you are a content writer or programmer by allowing you to save searched pages within Bing platform, You just need an Outlook account for this. Here you can start with My Saves @Bing
- Not only International, but Bing also gives a detail view on local info like a business and people listing, restaurants, services, deals, and coupons.
Bing is not what you thought about it. It is a much more mature search engine we currently have in the world of the Internet. Did you know Microsoft also tries to bring Cortana Integration as virtual assistance integrated directly in the Window 10? This only move makes Bing as the second most used search engine after Google.
Not only that Microsoft also pays you money in the form of rewards points for using Bing for your searches. You can cash these rewards on any purchase of Microsoft products and other services too. You should visit Microsoft Rewards for more details.
Kumar Gaurav Singh is an experienced content writer who managed many websites and blogs for many companies for almost 2 years, had a good knowledge of copywriting, SEO and CMS like WordPress and Squarespace. He covered all topics in technical writing. These are related to blogging, affiliate marketing, technology news, SEO and online tools. Here in this blog, he wrote on marketing topics.